Everyone suffers from anxiety at times. It is a natural emotion that actually has value. But overwhelming anxiety or completely unfounded anxiety in situations where most people would feel comfortable and relaxed, is quite different. It can have a major impact on your quality of life and your ability to be the best you can be. With the help of Anxiety Counselling, using Psychotherapy and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) we can change your thought patterns and reduce your anxiety and panic attacks.
Anxiety stems from a conflict of interests in the mind. Therefore it makes perfect sense to work on that part of your mind where the uncomfortable feelings of anxiety are created and maintained. This approach is why Psychotherapy and CBT are so effective.
During Counselling you have a wonderful opportunity to:
- Discover calmer ways of thinking.
- Make destructive beliefs fade away.
- Learn to live in the present moment.
- Prepare yourself for difficult situations.
- Experience physical and mental relaxation.
- Deal effectively with unresolved memories.
- Gain control over your thoughts and feelings.